Jewellery has always turned out to be a woman’s favourite. If you have been looking for ways in keeping your jewellery in the best condition at all times, then you are at the right place. There are several jewellery stores in Canberra that will bring to you an array of fancy engagement rings that you would love to buy for your beloved.
Many people may not know how to take care of such jewellery pieces. So, here are few simple ways suggested by experts using which you can very easily clean the ornaments and keep them in good condition at all times.
- It is important to handle the diamond sparingly – Diamonds are precious and they easily get attracted to grease and grime. Therefore, it is highly important to keep them clean and of course, this is not easy. When you wear a diamond ring around your finger, the natural oil from your fingers gets collected to the diamond’s surface and it tends to make it appear dull.
- It is advised to clean the diamond regularly – To keep the diamond jewellery looking beautiful all the time, you need to put in some extra efforts. It is suggested to soak the ornament in a gentle degreasing solution. You can prepare this with water and a few drops of liquid soap. All you need to do is rinse the ring in this solution, and gently rub the surface using a mild toothbrush to clean the delicate crevices and edges. Do not scrape with your nail or use any sharp object to dig out dirt, as this would leave ugly marks on it. After that step, you can easily remove the ring from the cleaning solution, wrap it into a soft, clean cloth and rub it gently to remove any remaining oil and dirt on it. This type of cleaning can be done once or twice a week. This measure will certainly help in retaining the gem’s shine.
- It is always good to use gentle touch in handling any precious jewellery – Ornaments and jewellery items usually have fragile settings. The stones and gems embedded in crown-like settings have delicate clips on all ends. This is why you need to handle them with ample care. If the diamond is vigorously scrubbed or any kind of tension is created on it, it will simply crack or the stone might fall off. For this reason, when on cleaning the jewellery pieces, you need to use a soft cloth. Also, it is a good idea to wash the item in a medium-sized bowl rather directly under running water. This will prevent the items from slipping away.
- Avoid using any kind of harmful solutions – Abrasives like household cleansers, toothpastes or chlorine bleaches should never be used for cleaning diamonds. They usually leave a damaging effect on gems and jewellery.
- Take the help of ultrasonic cleaners but with caution – Sometimes, you may wish to use an ultrasonic cleaner. Well, this is necessary to remove caked up dirt on diamonds. In this process, the ultrasonic cleaners create vibrating fluids to eliminate accumulated dust and grime. But when on using this procedure, you need to be extremely careful for it may loosen up the stone settings and their girdles.
Well, follow the above-given steps to keep your diamond jewellery pieces clean and in good condition at all times. But, if in case, you do not have time to carry out the given measures, then you can take the help of renowned jewellery stores in Canberra and find a solution to such issues without worrying.